Matt Brown preached on Luke 6:17-26.
A disciple of Jesus Christ is not one who merely has a book knowledge of biblical doctrine or a casual acquaintance with truth. A disciple of Jesus Christ is one who knows Him for who he is, who is in awe of Him, and whose affections are for Him.
- Jesus demonstrates that he has the authority to be heard
- Jesus teaches that the world is upside-down:
- Blessing in the eternal kingdom of God, not earthly possessions
- Blessing in eternal satisfaction, not fulfilling temporal “needs”
- Blessing in eternal joys, not pursuing temporary pleasures
- Blessing in eternal reward, not the approval of man