Matt Brown considers the importance of Jesus’ cleansing work in the life of someone who was unclean.
- The man’s condition
- Full of leprosy
- Full of faith — “Lord if you will, you can…”
- Jesus’ response
- Willingness — “I will”
- Power — “be clean”
- Leprosy and healing — A picture, not the point
- Uncleanness of sin (Matthew 15:17-20)
- Extent of depravity — full
- Cleansing from sin through Jesus Christ
- Actual — not just a declaration
- Through the sin offering of Christ (Hebrews 10:11-13)
The text is from Luke 5:12-16.